- Jun 6, 2022
- Reaction score
TinkerTool System 5.85 Build 171227 Multilingual MacOSX | 31 MB
TinkerTool System 5 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via "panes", very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- features to protect your privacy, e.g. by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Internet browser privacy protection tools,
- Cookie managers for Safari,
- Tools to remove international language support files,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
and many others.
Version 5.85 (Build 171227)
* Added new feature to clear icon caches of the user or the operating system.
* Corrected a problem where a re-login or restart during a maintenance procedure could result in confusing status displays when initiating the logout.
* Corrected a problem where status messages during application startup have not been displayed on some computers.
* Because Apple does not fix several critical defects and design flaws in the macOS user interface for the authorization of privileged operations, TinkerTool System switches to a redesigned security architecture. As in classic versions of (Mac OSX), it is now necessary to launch the application in the login session of an administrative user account (which is the default setup for Macs) if privileged operations should be used. Fast User Switching can be used to operate the application while using other user accounts.
* Added new feature to allow administrative users to authorize privileged operations via Touch ID.
* Added new feature to remove outdated versions of security components of previous generations of TinkerTool System.
* Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the application lost keyboard focus when a password needed to be entered for a privileged operation if multi-tier privilege separation was in use.
* Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the user interface is no longer localized correctly when a password needs to be entered for a privileged operation if multi-tier privilege separation is used.
* Added new technology to avoid a design flaw of macOS where no appropriate application icon can be shown when a password needs to be entered for a privileged operation if multi-tier privilege separation is used.
* Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the layout of authentication panels was incorrect, leading to clipped messages in user dialogs to authorize privileged operations.
* Added new technology to avoid a design flaw of macOS where single applications are not permitted to define more than 32 separate rights to execute privileged operations.
* Added new technology to avoid a defect of macOS where the operating system asks for permission to add a helper application when it actually removes a helper application.
* Features to customize the authorization policy for privileged operations via the security database of the operating system had to be removed.
Requirements: OS X 10.12 or later
Home Page -
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me